- About Us
- CHS Staff
- Class of 2020 Slide Shows
- Clubs on Campus (About Us)
- C-TV Morning Updates
- Daily Bulletin
- 2019-2020 Bell Schedules & AB Calendar
- Lunches By Departments
- 2019-2020 District Calendar
- School Site Council
- District School Search
- Request for Transcripts
- Request for Duplicate Diploma
- School Accountability Report Card 2018
- CJUSD School Board
- Principal's Message
- Contact Us
- Enrollment Process
Principals Update to Families
May 8, 2020
Good Evening Center High School Families and Friends,
We hope that everyone is continuing to remain safe and healthy. To help keep everyone informed we would like to share the latest updates as we are beginning to plan for closing the 2019-2020 school year.
- Community Forum Regarding Graduation Requirement Changes: Center High School is looking to change graduation requirements to improve student choice of electives starting in the 9th grade and updating 9th grade curriculum. Currently, 9th graders are required to take a semester course of Health and a semester course Computer Apps. The recommendation is to remove the requirement of the 5 credit course Computer Apps as well as the 5 credit CTE graduation requirement and add the ten credits to electives that students are able to select. A community forum will be held on Thursday, May 14, 2020, from 4:00 to 5:00 PM to receive community input about this change. The meeting will be recorded and the link to join is as follows:
- Class of 2020 Graduation: Following the meetings regarding the Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony with senior students and parents/guardians we will be developing a plan for how we will move forward with celebrating the Class of 2020 and anticipating that the plan will be shared with students and the community no later than Friday, May 15, 2020.
- Senior Recognition and School Item Drop-Off: On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, all seniors are asked to come in to receive gifts from Center High School in recognition and celebration of their senior year as well as pick-up items from Jostens (i.e. caps, gowns, etc.) and drop-off school items such as Chromebooks, textbooks, sporting equipment, etc. Families are encouraged to accompany their student and decorate the car. Please understand with the anticipated number of students coming we can only accommodate one car per student. If a student is unable to attend please have a family member come because this will be the only day for distribution.
- Returning School Items and Retrieving Personal Belongings: Beginning on Tuesday, May 19, students will have designated times to return items checked out to them from the school, classes, clubs, teams, etc. as well as retrieve personal belongings from campus. The schedule is as follows:
- Seniors ONLY: Tuesday May 19, as follows:
- Last Names A-K from 10:00AM to 12:00PM
- Last Names L-Z from 12:00PM to 2:00PM
o Students with Last Name A-F: Friday, May 22, from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Students with Last Name G-O: Tuesday, May 26, from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Students with Last Name P-Z: Wednesday, May 27, from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- All students with items still to return: Thursday, May 28, from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Logistics of Dropping Items Off and Retrieving Personal Belongings: On the day of dropping items off, students (and families) are asked to come to the school in a vehicle and will check in with a staff member after entering Center Court Lane. Staff will direct cars to a check-in station and then be directed to a station to turn items in. Students are asked to bring all items including but not limited to Chromebooks, textbooks, library books, items checked out by teachers, sporting equipment (such as jerseys and sport specific equipment used or issued to students), etc. All items will be given to a staff member who will take them to a table to be checked in while the family is asked to wait to make sure that all items are accounted for, in good condition, and were designated to the student that is turning them in.
- Pass/No Pass Request Form: The form for students to request a Pass/No Pass Grade will be sent to students on Monday, May 11, 2020, as well as placed on the school website. As a friendly reminder, the policy for Pass/No Pass Grading is as follows:
- All students may request a Pass/No Pass grade for any or all courses in which they are currently enrolled. If a student elects to receive a Pass/No Pass grade, the following criteria will be used:
- Criteria for a “Pass” Grade: Student has elected to receive a “Pass/No Pass” grade and has met either of the following criteria:
- Student has made a valid attempt to complete 70% of the total assignments given between April 13 and May 28, 2020; or
- Student grade is 50% or higher for the time period between April 13 and May 28, 2020
- Criteria for a “No Pass” Grade: Student has elected to receive a “Pass/No Pass” grade and has not met the criteria for receiving a “Pass” grade.
- Students that receive a Pass Grade for the 4th quarter will also have a Pass Grade for the Spring semester.
- A Pass Grade will receive credits toward graduation and has been identified by UC/CSU systems to maintain eligibility toward completing a-g requirements for college admission.
- A Pass/No Pass Grade does not affect a student's GPA.
- This request to take a Pass/No Pass Grade is considered final and cannot be rescinded.
- A separate request must be submitted for each course in which a student is enrolled in for the 4th quarter in order to receive a Pass/No Pass Grade.
We hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Center High School Principal